TheLAShop presents a "How to" guide on eBike kit assembly and installation. This video will provide a step-by-step guide on how to assemble an eBike kit along with the battery purchased on www.TheLAShop.com along with "FAQs" about the item.
=====Frequently Asked Questions=====
• Speed Range for each available kit
- 36v 250W – Approximately 15-20 mph (recommended 6Ah Battery)
- 36v 500W – Approximately 20-25 mph (recommended 13Ah Battery)
- 36v 800W – Approximately 25-30 mph (recommended 22Ah Battery)
- 36v 750W – Approximately 25-30 mph (recommended 20Ah Battery)
- 48v 1000W – Approximately 30-35 mph (recommended 20Ah Battery)
• Battery Compatibility
- Although we do offer different batteries, please note that the voltage must be compatible / the same as the kit. You may choose to opt for a lower Ah, however; the kit will not receive as much power and as a result, may be slower. Be careful not to install a battery with too much Ah as it may burn out the controller and the kit.
• Difference between Rear Wheel and Front Wheel Installation, is one faster than the other?
- Front wheel is easiest.
- Rear wheel kits require some adjustments to the de-railer in order for the gears to line up correctly.
- No difference in speed / range / power.
• Difference between Thumb Throttle and Twist Throttle.
- Both functions same.
- Twist throttle = less strain (most common)
• Average Life expectancy per charge: How much miles or how many hours does a charge go?
- Li – Lithium Ion – lightest and lasts longest
- Lead Acid – cheapest, economic option
- NiHM – same as lead acid but a bit more expensive
- All three batteries can be used for set up as long as voltage is correct
• Can multiple batteries be installed?
- Depends on how you have your batteries installed, please make sure that the total output voltage and current from the batteries matches the kit. We recommend to confirm with your local electrician or bike installer.
• Battery charge time
- Depends on the charger and capacity of the battery. It may vary anywhere between 4-8 hours.
• What is PAS?
- Pedal Assist System – feature that allows the rider to pedal while still providing power from the motor.
• Can PAS be bypassed?
- Yes, only if the kit has the LCD Screen feature. (put setting on Zero)
- If kit does not have LCD Display, there is no “off button” for PAS. However, you can choose to not install it or unplug it from the controller.
• Cruise control feature
- Only available on bikes with LCD Display.
• Bike rack installation, can I use my own bike rack?
- Depends on the battery used. As long as the battery can be stationary and secure.
- Our battery bike rack installation can be modified depending on the frame.
• Common issues and how to fix
- Double check all connections are secure.
- Sounds / noise making clicking noises after a few hundred miles. Just tighten the spokes one at a time. Half turn counter clockwise on all spokes.
• If the customer has a 28" and they want to put our 26" will that work? Can we install a different size kit?
- It will only work if the bike has “Disk Brakes” however; look will be off.
• Will the kit work with a 700c wheel?
- It may fit but the bike will not fit level.
• What's the best installation spot for a trike?
- Only front wheel kits will work on trikes.
• Can one controller control two motors?
- No. It will burn out the controller.
We do sell the battery. Please check here: https://thelashop.com/collections/electric-bicycle-motor
Do you sell the battery and charger if not do you recommend a charger and battery
Hello Vernon, we have 20in and 26in kit for sale at the moment. They fit with the bike which is 20 or 26in with 100mm front fork.
Hello rob, it can not work on tandem bike.
How do I find out what size bike/wheel do I have? How do I measure?