New Year's Eve Signature Cocktails
Bring in the new year by trying something new! Since large gatherings in 2020 are out of the question, smaller or virtual parties have become more popular. If you’re throwing a digital party for the first time this year, then you may not know how to. One activity that will keep the party going is cocktail making! Ask each guest at your virtual NYE party to teach to give a step-by-step guide to making their favorite drink or cocktail. TheLAShop has a few ideas on how to exit 2020 in style!
Use a table-top ice shaver to quickly add that professional quality freshness to any drink or beverage! Enjoy your drinks the way they are supposed to be made.
The Stimulus Check
True to its name, this potent drink hits you when you least expect it! Made with both vodka and champagne with spritz zinger as a surprising yet deliciously bitter grapefruit aftertaste! Here’s how you make it!
3 oz Absolut Elyx
2 oz Lillet Rouge
.5 oz Fernet Branca
1 oz champagne
- First, combine the three first ingredients over ice.
- Strain the content into a chilled coupe
- Top over with champagne.
- Garnish with a grapefruit splash or zest.
With all of our recent stay-at-home orders, many of us have mastered the art of being alone! This single ice cubed beverage reminds us of how satisfying life can be when you slow things down. Keep it simple!
1.5 oz. Campari
Fresh orange juice
- Place two ice cubes in a glass.
- Add Campari and an orange juice splash.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add one more ice cube and fill the remainder with the glass with orange juice.
- Finally, garnish with an orange wedge
If there is one fashion trend that everyone in 2020 has adopted, it is protective face coverings! This delicious, freezing drink is highlighted with a large ice cube in the center, much like how our face-covering protects us.
2 oz Facundo Eximo Rum
.5 oz demerara sugar
1 bar spoon Crème de Yvette
One dash strawberry bitters
One dash chocolate bitters
- Add all ingredients and stir with plenty of ice until very cold.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass
- Add a large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange wedge.
We’re All In This Together
If you’re looking for a sweet and wholesome drink, then this icy beverage is the one for you. The filling twist on a White Russian gives us a heartwarming feeling that reminds us that these times are temporary and enjoy what we love.
- 1 part Khalúa Salted Caramel coffee liqueur
- Two parts Pinnacle Salted Caramel Vodka
- 1 part half & half
- Caramel sauce to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Khalúa, vodka, and half & half. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Drip caramel sauce down the side of a drinking glass. Add ice until the glass is about three-quarters full; then pour in your cocktail.
- Garnish with a straw and serve.
A Bright New Future
We’ve gone through a lot this year. It’s time to fill 2021 with sweetness and positivity! This fruity and icy beverage will help elevate any mood and start your new year off right!
.5 oz. Art in the Age Black Trumpet Blueberry Cordial
.5 oz. Lemon juice
.5 oz. Chilled ginger lemon syrup
- Add blueberries to the bottom of the glass and fill in the rest of the way with shaved ice
- Combine all ingredients except Cava together with ice
- Strain the liquid into the glass.
- Top with Cava, then garnish with thyme and blueberries.
Enjoy the Holidays with theLAShop
We have a lot to be thankful for this year. In 2021, it is more important than ever to spend time with the ones we love. Connect with your family and friends virtually this year.
Many statewide restrictions are put in place to keep us healthy and protected. Though this change may take some time to adapt to, it does not mean that we still can’t enjoy our current lives. Spend this time safely with your immediate families, and appreciate the time you have together.
Join theLAShop Rewards Membership Program to earn points and save money on purchases on home essentials.