Halloween Party Food You Need To Try Now
This Halloween, restaurants may still be closed. Not to worry, TheLAShop is here for you! Bring high-quality food right into your home when you discover these delicious, quick, and easy deep fried Halloween-themed snacks that we know you’ll love! Deep fryers are a great way to get the cooking started!
Surprisingly Delicious Candy Corn Glazed Deep Fried Chicken Wings
We all know and love fried chicken- but have you ever had it with a candy corn glaze? Halloween is the perfect time to try something new and a little strange! However, you can’t really ever go wrong with wings? Try this spicy and sweet recipe below!
Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon paprika
3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joints, tips removed
1 1/2 cups Frank's RedHot sauce (or 3/4 cup other hot sauce)
1 stick unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
¼ cup water
- Heat your cooking oil to about 375 degrees
- Place the flour and paprika in a small bowl and coat the thawed out chicken wings
- Put chicken wings in the deep fryer for about 10-15 minutes
- Drain on a paper towel
- Mix the hot sauce with the butter and the honey and melt in a boiler or saucepan
- Melt candy corn in a double boiler or saucepan
- Combine candy corn with mixture
- Coat wings in sauce
- Sprinkle candy corn on top for decoration
Ever Have an Alien Egg?
That’s right, aliens have eggs too, and they have a light crunch! Deep fried soft boiled eggs are not only an interesting choice party but tasty snack you can have at any point. This treat is is not hard to make, and the rewards are outstanding.
- 9 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour (pasta flour)***
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Peanut oil or rice bran oil (for frying)
- Dandelion greens (for garnish)
- Sriracha Sauce
- Soft boil 6 large eggs for about 6 minutes then gently crack and peel when ready
- Combine the 3 remaining eggs with the buttermilk and a little srirach in a bowl
- In a separate bowl add bowl flours together
- In a third bowl add the panko bread crumbs
- Roll the boiled in in the flour mixture, egg mixture, and finally panko mixture
- Heat oil to about 375 degrees
- Place the eggs in the oil basket no longer than 2 minutes
- Drain on a paper towel
- Retrieve eggs and serve with dandelion greens
Deep Fried Candy Corn Morsels
Oh yes, candy corn can be deep-fried as well! Deep frying candy corn is easy, fun, and only takes a few minutes to make!
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 large egg
1/2 to 3/4 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup candy corn, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup cornflakes cereal
- Combine baking mix with the egg and butter miilk
- Mix in candy corn and cornflakes
- Heat oil to 350 degrees
- Cook about 6 spoonful's of the dough into for about a minute each
- Drain on a paper towel
Hidden eye Mozzarella Balls
Mozzarella balls are tempting especially when they have a monster’s eye in them! Hide an olive in the center of your mozzarella ball for a sneaky surprise. Check out this spicy recipe and try and new way to eat mozzarella.
1 8- ounce package cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3-4 Hot Sauce
10-15 small black olives
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and the mozzarella
- Scoop with ice cream scooper
- Stick the olive into the center of the cheese ball and using a spoon, fill the hole with hot sauce
- Mold into a ball and drizzle with hot sauce
- Heat cooking oil to 350 degrees
- Place beaten eggs, flour, and panko bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls
- Place the cheese ball in the flour, then the egg, then the panko bread crumbs
- Cook the cheese balls for about 2 minutes in heated frying oil
- Drain on paper towel and serve with blood marinara sauce
Ghostly Fried Chicken
There are many ways to fry chicken! Thinly slices breaded chicken breast can be shaped into any creepy crawler you can think of! Get creative with your cuts, or use a Gingerbread man slicer to help you form your ghost shapes.
- 8 pieces thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 quarts peanut or vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Using a Ginger Bread Man Cutter or knife shape fully thawed chicken breasts into ghost shape.
- Mix paprika, white pepper, garlic powder, ginger, celery salt, black pepper, mustard, thyme, basil, and oregan together in a bowl
- Heat cooking oil to 340 degrees
- Completely coat the chicken breast in seasoning
- Put the flour and corn starch, egg and buttermilk and two separate bowls. Add the bread crumbs in a third bowl
- Coat chicken in flour mix, then egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture
- Deep fry chicken breast until golden brown and fully cooked
Try Something New! Check out These Holiday Recipes
Deep Fried Snacks Kids Will Love. We all know those kids that are picky eaters. That's why we've developed these delicious treats we now kids won't be able to resist!
4th of July BBQ Ideas. The 4th of July is the perfect time for having a BBQ! This year, add these icy beverages, and these crispy snacks to the menu!
Thanksgiving Deep-Fried Foods. Ever try deep fried turkey? There are other delicious snacks you can try with a deep fryer! Click here and check them out!
Deep-Fried Fun & Festive Christmas Snack Ideas. Christmas is the perfect holiday to create memories. Prepare these dishes quickly and spend more time with your family.
Enjoy the Halloween with theLAShop
Stay safe this Halloween! Spend this holiday with the close friends and family. Get inspired by our Halloween collection! Join theLAShop Rewards Membership Program to earn points and save money on purchases on home essentials. Don't forget to follow our Facebook and Instagram for information on the latest deals, freebies, contests, and more!